Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From the Shameless Plug Department...(UPDATED)



**** UPDATE: Ken has informed me that Diamond has recently moved one of it's warehouses, wreaking havok with the delivery of some independent books, including (unfortunately) SUPERHUMAN RESOURCES. Ken and Justin made sure they had all the books "in the can" before soliciting and Ken has done a bang-up job of promoting the book. Unfortunately, Diamond has virtually undone all that. They have had the book for three weeks and still haven't delivered it to retailers. The first issue now won't hit stands until NEXT Wednesday. Diamond certainly aren't making any friends outside the big two lately, are they? Ken was joking that the second issue will probably hit the stands before the first issue. Hopefully that won't be the case. Sorry for any inconvenience and I hope you'll still pick it up when it eventually comes out.****


Though it’s scheduled to hit the stands today, Ken Marcus tells me that, due to a distribution glitch, SUPERHUMAN RESOURCES issue #1 may actually be arriving next week. In any case, keep your eyes peeled. Word on the street is that my LCS, Nostalgia Plus in the Shops at Willow Lawn, will have LOTS of copies when they come in. Some time soon, there’s even a signing with Ken (and maybe me) in the works. The series’ artist Justin Bleep isn’t local so I doubt he’ll be there. More details when I get them.

Did I mention my pinup got moved up from issue 4 to issue 1? So, by all that’s holy, pick up a copy of this issue.

4 comments:

Christian D. Leaf said...

No-show yet at Velocity. "It was supposed to be February." I was told to bug you and Angie since you both work with the guy.

Adam Hutch said...

I'll be picking this up if my LCS has it. I can't imagine the thrill it must be to have something you drew in a comic. Congrats.

Leanne said...

Sweet! I'll tell my LCS to pull a copy for me if they have 'em.

Brian said...

I read the preview comic for this and enjoyed it.

Didn't see it last week at my LCBS. I'll look for it this week.