Friday, October 23, 2009

Mike's Blog

I was hoping to have this resolved before anyone noticed but since Warren Newsome has sent me a concerned email about this, I guess I should address it. Mike’s website is temporarily down. Way back, years ago, when Mike put up his first website, he wasn’t all that Internet-savvy and he got help from a friend who registered the domain name “mikewieringo.com” for him. Later, Mike got another friend to create a new site for him, referencing that same domain name. Unfortunately, the domain registration has lapsed and I guess the original friend doesn’t have any interest in paying to have it renewed. Unfortunately, though I am interested, I can’t do it without his permission until the grace period is over. I’ve been unable to contact this person and, if I can’t get permission, I face the possibility that some unscrupulous person will snap up the domain when it becomes available before I can and try to sell it to me for an outrageous amount.

Anyway, that’s the situation right now. If I can’t manage to get hold of Mike’s friend, I’ll probably be forced to register a different domain name. That would really suck. But it’s better than not having the site up at all, which is very important to me. One way or another, the site will be back up. I’ll make an announcement when I know more.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

1 comment:

todd said...

that sux.

maybe it's time we start getting things done...with crowbars!