Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not Just Me

So it happens to people who do this for a living too? Awesome!

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/08/02/inception-inspires-x-men-first-class-rewrites/#more-17706

On a related note, Suze and I saw INCEPTION. While I enjoyed it very much and would see it again, it's not my favorite Nolan film. That's a jump ball between DARK KNIGHT and MEMENTO. And MEMENTO has longer fingers. Again, I loved the movie and it's an impressive feat in storytelling (Nolan loves a challenge!) but if you need the first hour of your movie to explain the rules of your story, maybe you need to simplify things just a tad.

______________

By the way, as of today, it's official. We'll be representing the MIKE WIERINGO SCHOLARSHIP FUND at the Baltimore Con later this month. Just in case anyone was wondering. Hope to see you there.

Later.

4 comments:

Adam Hutch said...

I'll see you there! Maybe grab a sketch from you? You just need to convince Todd to show up now. ;)

Matt Wieringo said...

Absolutely, Adam! On the house.

We've been working on him. But he's going down to see Nick Cardy next week so I'm hoping he won't be too tired.

Matt Wieringo said...

Ah, 家唐銘, my most venerable foe. We meet again.

Adam Hutch said...

That's awesome, thanks Matt. Looking forward to seeing you and dropping some dough at the scholarship table.

I think, 家唐銘 is saying that he (or she) had to make some changes to their latest project because of Inception too.