Monday, September 3, 2007

Byrned Out

On a lighter note, what the hell is up with the Byrne board? I've been trying to go there for 3 or 4 days and it loads for a minute or so, then stalls out. What the fuh? I needs my fix.

I admit I go there, like a lot of people, to see the latest train wreck. It's a shortcoming I'm not proud of. But I also go there to see Byrne's commission work. There's an energy and passion in that stuff I wasn't seeing in his later work at DC and I look forward to it. And I also get a lot of interesting links out of the place. It's not that I agree with much of what's said there (except in the "what's wrong with comics" vein) but it's always interesting.

Besides, say what you will about those guys, they were all pretty classy in the days following August 12th.

3 comments:

Christian D. Leaf said...

Haven't been to the Byrne boards in a bit. Need to scope the joint out again. Especially the sketchbook topic. Always a nice bit of creativity going on, unlike on my end. Ugh. Mafus, we need to get drawing, sucka!

Adam Hutch said...

I've been having the same problem. I think its cleared up now though. There's a bit of a bruhaha going on over the X-Men and the original intent of "Days of Future Past."

craig rousseau said...

glad i'm not the only one who feels that way... some of those commissions are fantastic (and a far cry from some of his later stuff, regardless of how much he- or some of his fans- might try to say otherwise )... regardless of some of the blustering there, it's an interesting read..

-c