Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sometimes this job pays off...

I don't pretend to love what I do for a living and I sure as heck don't like the hours. But sometimes working in advertising comes in handy. Today, I got a call from one of those annoying telemarketers taking a survey of people's viewing and listening habits. How they're exempt from the "Do-not Call List" I'm on, I don't know. But I got the call as we were racing the clock to haul some of our stuff to the Salvation Army and I was in no mood.

Our conversation went something like this:

"Hi, I'm Darla from Blah-blah-blah and, if I may have a few minutes of your time, I'd like to ask you a few questions about what television programs you wa--"

"Uh, yeah, I work at an ad agency and I--"

"Thank you for your time."

CLICK.

Hooray!

3 comments:

Heywood Jablomie said...

Hahahaha now that's grand! I'll have to use that the next time I get a call from one of those bastards!

Adam Hutch said...

Oh that's awesome.

We don't have a land-line and one of the perks is not having to worry about those type of calls.

Matt Wieringo said...

Only a matter of time. A friend of mine has started getting spamed with text messages for male enhancement pills on his cell phone. He can't figure out how it happened.

And the advertising thing doesn't always work. It depends on the company calling and what their policies are. But it worked yesterday.